As a market leader of honey in Australia, packing premium quality honey produced by Australian Beekeepers, Capilano's heritage spans over 60 years. Generations of Australians have grown up with our trusted brand and quality honey. Capilano is now one of the largest honey packers in the world.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and diligent Quality Control Officer to join our manufacturing team based in Maryborough VIC.
The primary role of the QC Officer is to work on an operational level to ensure quality standards are being actualised during the production of Capilano products at Maryborough.
Success in this role will depend on developing a good working relationship with QC and Operations staff and attaining a detailed understanding of the production processes and honey quality issues.
- Conduct line checks for containers, weights, torque, labels, seals, caps, codes, cartons, honey type (or syrup), pfund, moisture, pallets, pallet configuration, quantities packed and SO stickers
- Assist in the preparation and completion of daily paperwork and checklists for production including production and wastage sheet, daily production figures sheet, production and wastage book. Assist in taking samples during production
- Raise work orders when necessary
- Assist in label quality control including specifications, non-conformance and delivery/dispatch
- Work from and follow defined quality and production procedures
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Must be accurate and have high attention to detail in both testing procedures and documentation
- Have worked in a similar role for a minimum of 2-3 years, preferably in the FMCG Industry
- Food Processing, Internal Auditor, Good Manufacturing Processes Certificates/Qualifications highly regarded
- Possesses high level interpersonal communication skills
- Intermediate computer and keyboard skills with MS Excel desirable
- Must be punctual, reliable and able to work 24 hour rotating shift roster Monday - Friday plus overtime if required
Due to the high number of applications expected for this role, only successful applicants will be contacted.