As one of the most natural, tasty and versatile foods with a variety of vitamins, minerals and amino acids, there are many reasons to include honey as part of your everyday diet.
For instance, honey:
- Has no fat or additives and is 100% natural
- Is rich in carbohydrates thanks to its naturally occurring sugars
- Has a favourable GI rating
- Offers a natural ‘punch’ for sports or physical activity thanks to its quick-absorption glucose and slow-release fructose
- Has been clinically proven to sustain blood sugar levels for longer periods than other types or refined sugar, sports gels or ‘carbo snacks’ and is effective for everyone, including kids
- Is a good alternative natural sweetener for those with diabetes thanks to its high carbohydrates and low GI rating
Learn more about the benefits of honey.