Since the start of this year, our team have passionately worked with the Australian Honey Bee Industry Council (AHBIC) and Rural Aid to help support Aussie beekeepers through Hive Aid, a campaign aimed to provide tailored disaster relief for impacted beekeepers.
Donations have now reached over $300K thanks to the generosity of Australian families, Capilano honey fans and some very noteworthy donations of:
- $100K from OLAM Australia
- $7.8K from CHEP Australia
- $7K from The Bee Project
- $5K from the Neumann Benevolent Foundation
- $4.15K from Beewise Beekeeping Equipment
- $2K from Marian Catholic College
- $1.5K from Rotary Club of Bendigo
A sincere thank you goes to Capilano honey fans, who picked up a pack of our drought relief honey. By doing so, they helped us raise an additional $46K to deliver support for impacted Australian beekeepers. This brings Capilano Honey’s total contribution to over $100,612!To date, Rural Aid has distributed $497,091.34 worth of support to a total of 176 beekeepers. This support includes:
- 157 Beekeeper Support Cards totalling $231,224.46
- $173,873.88 worth of assistance with household bills
- 181 Gift Cards totalling $90,000
- Five water deliveries totalling $1,993
To continue to increase funding and support for Aussie beekeepers and their littlest livestock, Rural Aid will be launching their #BeeAnAngel campaign on ‘Be An Angel Day’ this Saturday, August 22. Capilano will be working to help support this great cause to further assist Aussie beekeepers still recovering from drought, bushfire and now floods.
We know Aussie families have already given so much, and times are tough. But if you can, please #BeeAnAngel this Saturday, August 22 and donate to Hive Aid here.
Professional beekeepers are encouraged to register for assistance here.